Freshwater Bay Museum

Home | Exhibitions | Freshwater Bay Museum

The building at 66 Victoria Avenue, now part of the Freshwater Bay Museum complex, has functioned since it was built in 1862, as a school, a place of religious worship, a boarding house, police station and residence for police officers.  In 1975 it was opened as the Town of Claremont’s Claremont Museum, the first Council initiated museum in Western Australia.  A permanent exhibition tells the story of the Noongar connection to the land and to Freshwater Bay and the many uses of the original building.